In Memory

Rodney Twayne ("r. T. ") Raymond

Rodney Twayne (r. T. ) Raymond


Rodney Twayne Raymond

July 22, 1943 ~ April 30, 2002


OGDEN, Utah -                                                                                          

Rodney Twayne “RT” Raymond, age 58, passed away on April 30, 2002 at his home in Ogden, Utah.

He was born July 22, 1943 in Utah, the son of Filo and Ruth Liberty-Ann Boylan Raymond. He attended Wahlquist Junior High and Weber High school  

He married Carole Neve on March 3, 1973 in Utah. "RT" was a loving and giving individual to his wife, family and friends. He will be missed by all of those who knew and loved him.

Rodney's Obituary Photo from an archived scan in the Ogden Standard Examiner.

Rodney had worked for the Union Pacific Railroad and served in the United States Navy and Army Reserves.

Surviving were his wife; his mother, Ruth Ranstrom; and two sisters, Mrs. Neal E. (Kathaleen) Hunsaker, Layton; and Mrs. Cecil P. (Patricia Ellen) Taylor III, Colorado. Information received by the Committee notes that he may also have been survived by a possible older brother, Elmer R. L. Raymond of Gosnell, Arkansas.  

Graveside services were held Saturday, May 4, 2002 at 11:00 a.m. at Memorial Gardens of the Wasatch, 1718 Combe Road, Ogden, where military honors were accorded. Friends were invited to call on Saturday from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at Myers Moruary in Ogden, 845 Washington Blvd.

Family Condolences were directed to

We have not been able to gather further information on Rodney as this is posted, but would appreciate any additional information, comments, pictures, etc.  

Obituary adapted from the Ogden Standard Examiner, May 2, 2002.  The In Memory Project appreciates the efforts of Classmates Earl Henstra, and James Keller in obtaining his obituary.  We also wish to thank the Weber County Library for research assistance.  This page posted 7/1/2012.


  Post Comment

03/20/12 01:48 PM #1    

David Mueller

Rodney Raymond and I weren’t what you would call friends, but he always said “hi” and he seemed to want to talk to me when we passed in the school halls.  One summer night on the “Vard” shortly after graduation he pulled up along side and asked me to pull over so we could talk.  We parked in front of the old Paramount Bowl on Washington.  I could see he was really excited and he told me he just got married with this great girl.  He told me all about her and then he got back in his car, drove away and that was the last I ever saw him.  I’ve thought of him several times over the years and wondered whatever happened to him.  I see that he is decreased, but there is no obituary so I was wondering if anyone knows what he did with his life, when he died, etc.?     

  Post Comment